At TeenTech CIC we comply with all current legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy.
This policy explains:
- What information we will collect from you
- How we will use information we collect about you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your rights regarding the information you provide to us;
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), TeenTech is the data controller in relation to any personal data, collected by, or submitted, including and personal data collected on, or submitted to our websites, http://www.teentech.com and http://www.teentechcity.com (our sites).
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you
A. Event sign-up forms
- If you choose to sign-up for one of our events, the details that you submit to us will be stored in our internal computer systems. We will use your details to keep you informed of the event you have signed up for and to advice you of future TeenTech programmes and events.
- We will not share your details with any third party except where a contracted delivery partner is running the event on our behalf, they can only use your data for the express purpose of registration and informing you about the event you have signed up for.
- We will keep your details for this purpose for 5 years or until you specifically request removal from our list. You can request the removal of your details via email, to email@example.com.
If you are under 16 years of age, application forms for events or our award schemes must be completed by your teacher, librarian, youth leader, parent or carer
B. Our news feed
- Should you choose to add a comment to any news posts that we have published on our websites, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this websites’ database, along with your computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. This information is only used to identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective blog post and is not passed on to any third party. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing websites.
- Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on the site until we either 1) remove the comment or 2) remove the news post. Should you wish to have the comment and its associated personal data deleted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental/teacher consent before posting a comment on our news posts.
- Visitors to our sites may wish to complete an online ‘Contact Us’ form which will request personal data from our visitors. This will enable TeenTech to provide you with updates and send you event invitations, and invite you to take part in surveys about our work.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our sites (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access.
- How we will use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information entered on the event sign-up forms will be added to TeenTech distribution list and may be used to send you updates (and if applicable to invite you to TeenTech events or to take part in TeenTech surveys.)
- To ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Disclosure of your information
We will keep your information confidential, except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies or law enforcement agencies).
Generally, we will only use your information within TeenTech. However, sometimes we will use third parties to process your information. We have contractual provisions in place, which require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and that they do not use your information for their own business purposes.
- Your rights
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our sites contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies, which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. Most websites do work without cookies, but you will lose some features and functionality if you choose to disable cookies.